How to get there: The parking for the walk is accessed from Staple Hill, just off the B386.
Grid Reference: SU 973 648
Nearest Postcode: GU24 8TP
Parking: Staple Hill car park
Map with thanks to Ordnance Survey.
1. To begin the walk, exit the car park and cross over the road, heading on to the entrance of Chobham Common. Take a right turn after a small distance, onto a footpath marked with a purple arrow. Take the path which runs alongside the road to the right of you. The path comes close to the road and to the left you want to take the path. The path here heads straight across the centre of Chobham Common. You will follow it for over a mile. Once you reach the other side of the heathland, you will pass through a small amount of trees, with the pass then heading onto the road.
2. Take a left to head onto the road, and follow this keeping the common to your left. When the road takes a sharp right, head straight onto the track ahead of you. As you follow this path, it will bend to the right, then take a left to head onto the path leading into the woods.
3. Take a left and follow the path ahead, and it will take you to the right. Head onto the narrow footpath ahead of you, and continue on this path. You will reach a T-junction, where you should turn left. Keep on the path as it bends to the left, crossing over a brook.
4. Once over the brooks, take a right onto the footpath, and follow on this path for the next mile or so. At the T-junction, you want to take a right, and then continue onward, following the path. At this point, take a sharp left, follow the path a little, before taking the first right-hand turn.
4. Remain on this path, up some steps, and you will find the path leads onto the beginning of the walk. Head forward, crossing the road to return to Staple Hill car park.