Cannon Hill Park
Birmingham, West Midlands
How to get there: Cannon Hill Park is just outside Birmingham city centre, between Moseley and Edgbaston.
Grid Reference: SP 068 837
Nearest Postcode: B13 8RD
Parking: There is a large car park off Edgbaston Road, opposite the Edgbaston Cricket Ground and near the mac entrance. There is also a small car park off the Russell Road entrance. Parking charges apply.
Facilities: Toilets, café.
Map with thanks to Ordnance Survey.
1. The route begins at the entrance to Cannon Hill Park, by the Midlands Arts Centre (mac). If you take a left onto the path, keeping the lake and boat house to your right.
2. Take a right turn and head uphill toward Russell Road. Continue on through the trees, passing the Victorian bandstand to your right and the Golden Lion pub to your left.
3. Head to your right on the path heading downhill, which joins up with the main path. If you then head to the left and follow the Rea Valley Walking & Cycling Route.
4. At the boundary of the park bear left and follow the tree lined path uphill. Leave the path, and heading right walk around the perimeter of the field. Join back up with the River Rea pathway heading back toward the park.
5. Head left to pass by a small lake on your right. Join back to the main path (the main lake will be on your right), and follow this along until you reach the mac on your left.