How to get there: Kinver Edge is located just west of Kinver, about four miles west of Stourbridge (off the A458), and four miles north of Kidderminster (off the A449).
Grid Reference: SO 831 834
Nearest Postcode: DY7 5NP
Parking: Kingsford Lane car park
Facilities: Toilets, café.
Map with thanks to Ordnance Survey.
1. From the car park located on Kingsford Lane, head south and take an immediate right. Follow the path as it heads to the left and through the woodland. Keep the edge of the area to your right and join with the public footpath and climb up the hill until the path drops back down to Kingsford Lane.
2. Cross over the road here and turn right to walk on a path which runs briefly parallel to the lane. If you then follow the curve of the path to reach a surfaced track which is the boundary of Kinver Edge.
3. Turn left and follow this track up to the top of the edge, which is the start of the Staffordshire Way.
4. Turn left here, heading through the gateway, then head north through the woodland along the ridge, to reach the open heathland of Kinver Edge. Keep the ridge to your left and the heathland to your right, and you will enter the area of an iron age fort.
5. Remain on the Staffordshire Way to reach a set of steps heading down the west side of the edge of the fort, heading back to the woodland. Continue on through the woodland, crossing the road to return to the start point and car park.