How to get there: King’s Wood is easily accessible from the M20 at Ashford. Leave the motorway at Junction 9, signposted to Ashford, Faversham. At the first roundabout, turn left for Faversham A251. Continue through to a T-junction with the A251. Turn left, toward Challock. Continue on the road for around 3-miles, before taking a sharp right turn to White Hill, just before the sign to Challock.
Grid Reference: TR 023 499
Nearest Postcode: TN25 4AR
Parking: King’s Wood car park, close to Challock.
Map with thanks to Ordnance Survey.
1. From the car park, take the main path across a clearing and take the main path through the woods.
2. Take a right-turn to follow the path which curves left around the edge of the clearing. Then, take a right to follow a path between the trees. At a 3-way junction, take the left fork and follow the path as it curves to the left.
3. Pass over a crossing forestry path and continue on through the woodland. As you continue onward, you will reach a junction of paths, where you should go straight ahead.
4. You will reach a wooden barrier, but turn left just before it to head uphill. Take a right which will lead you up to a fence, over a stile and out from the woods. Continue ahead across a field, then through a kissing gate and across the next field. When you reach the corner, the path continues along the left-hand side before reaching a main road. Take an immediate left to reach the George Inn.
5. Continue on the main road before taking a left onto Pound Lane. Continue on this lane and onto the track ahead. You will return to the woodland path, which you should follow until reaching a track at a bend. You will reach an open area to your left, keep a look out for the wide crossing track which heads down to your right. Take a left here and reach a T-junction where you should turn left.
6. Take a right and head on over a path to the edge of the woods. Head on over into the woods, then turn left onto a path joining from the right. Head into the line of trees to the left of the cleared area, and return to the car park at the start-point of the walk.